7.1 Category Options
To create categories navigate to Posts > Categories. You will see a form for creation of a new category from the left side and a form for editing of earlier created categories from the right side.
MegaNews theme allows you to manage your categories more customizable than default wordpress category functionality.
You can change many options for each category, such as sidebar settings, posts layout & pagination, site layout and other. Check category add/edit screen to manage these options.
7.2 Post Setup
To create a new blog post, follow these steps:
- Step 1 – Navigate to Posts in your WordPress admin sidebar. Click on the Add New option to make a new post. Create a title.
- Step 2 - Insert your post content in the editing field. You can use any of our shortcode builder elements inside the post.
- Step 3 – If you want to add a special post format, at the right side of your screen, in the section called Format, choose a format for your blog post. Audio, link, quote and video post formats have additional settings. These settings will appear below the input box of a title after format seletion.
- Step 4 – Add Categories from the right side. To assign it to the post, check the box next to the Category name.
- Step 5 – Add Tags from the right side. Type the name of the tag in the field, separate multiple tags with commas.
- Step 6 – Upload Featured Image from the right side. Featured Image is not displayed if you’ve chosen post format that has additional setup fields.
You can customize any post spesifically from the meta box named Post Options right under text editor in post edit or new post screen. To accomplish it you should choose – Show options and a full list of options will be opened below. It’s convenient, for example, in the case if you want to add a special advertisement for this post only or hide/show author’s box.
In the paragraph Theme Options > Single Types you will find information how to set up standard options for all posts.
You can also add SEO settings for current post.
You can split a post/page up into different web pages so that is has pagination. All you have to do is type:
into the text editor where you would like your page breaks to appear. You must be in Text view when you make changes.
Using Gallery Inside Post
To put a gallery inside your post:
- In the post edit or new post screen, click Add Media button above text editor.
- In the popup window click Create Gallery on the left.
- Select images to compose a gallery and click Create a new gallery.
- In the gallery edit screen manage gallery options and click Insert Gallery.